Seaweed – A Natural Skincare Secret
People have recognised seaweed as a natural skincare secret for centuries. You could call it an ancient superfood. Seaweed is clean and chemical-free, there are no artificial genetic manipulation, pesticides, fungicides, or fertilizers involved in its life cycle meaning what you are put on your skin is 100% natural.
Natural and Nourishing
Seaweed is known for its nutrient rich properties and known as an elixir for a long and healthy life. Being rich in vitamins and nutrients it is often used in treating chronic skin conditions such as acne, anti-aging and to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. The list is long, and the benefits are many including: fighting cellulite, improving blood circulation, moisturising, nourishing and helping to eliminate toxins from the skin.
Skincare Formulations with the Finest Ingredients
Seaweed is abundant around the shores of Ireland and its properties were recognised by Green Angel Pure and Organic Skin care 14 years ago. Packed with vitamins, minerals, iodine, trace elements and iron, seaweed is the primary ingredient in their skincare range.
Seaweed Benefits for All Skin Types
- Dry skin: Seaweed moisturises the skin as it contains essential fatty acids that help maintain our skin’s barrier. It is also rich in polysaccharides such as alginic acid, which help to lock moisture into our skin. Green Angel Seaweed Daily Moisture Face Cream with Jasmine, Neroli & Vitamin E
- Oily skin: Some seaweed has shown to decrease oil production, while others have shown to decrease the bacteria involved in acne formation. Green Angel Seaweed & Tea Tree Rescue Cream with Vitamin E
- Normal skin: Exfoliating regularly and removing dead skin cells will ensure your will get the most out of your serum and moisturiser. It is also important to be mindful of the season or a change in conditions. In the summer you may need a moisturiser with a higher SPF. If you are spending more time indoors in a drier atmosphere your skin may need more hydration. Green Angel Face Cream with Seaweed & Collagen& Facial Scrub with Seaweed & Apricot
- Dehydrated skin: Seaweed is full of humectants that draw in moisture from the environment and hydrate your skin. Green Angel Seaweed Night Cream
- Aging/fine lines: Seaweed is a rich source of natural antioxidants which can improve the skins elasticity and reduce the visibility of wrinkles. It also contains vitamin A which stimulates cell turnover- helping to reduce fine lines. Vitamin C is known to aid collagen production, vitamin E helps protect your skin from environmental aggressors. Green Angel Seaweed & Collagen Face Cream
- Irritated skin: Seaweed has anti-inflammatory properties and contains natural minerals like magnesium and zinc, which have been known to help reduce the appearance of redness in sensitive and hypersensitive skin. Green Angel Seaweed & Tea Tree Rescue Cream with Vitamin E
- Blemish prone skin: Because of its detoxing benefits, seaweed can also help deep cleanse the skin and improve its overall health which helps with congestion and maskne. Exfoliating at least once per week helps remove dead cells which prevents clogged pores, resulting in fewer breakouts. Green Angel Apricot Facial Scrub, followed by Green Angel Seaweed Daily Moisture Face Cream with Jasmine, Neroli & Vitamin E & Seaweed.
- Pigmentation: seaweed contains natural skin brightening ingredients which can help lighten pigmentation or a dull complexion. Green Angel Face Cream with Seaweed & Collagen or Green Angel Seaweed Daily Moisture Face Cream with Jasmine, Neroli & Vitamin E
The Benefits of Exfoliating for your Skin
SKIN – The largest organ in your body. It is made of 2 layers, epidermis (outer) and the dermis (inner). The cells in the epidermis are constantly shedding and continually replaced with cells produced in its bottom layer. The process is gets slower as we age and EXFOLIATING helps speed up the process, making skin look and feel smooth and youthful. Start exfoliating once a week and see how your skin reacts, it will thank you!
Everything you need to know about Hyaluronic Acid
We are becoming more informed than ever before about the ingredients in our cosmetics and skincare. Words like hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, salicylic acid and collagen are frequently lauded as the key to the perfect complexion; but do we really know what they do for our skin?
THE BEAUTY DOCK CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE 2020
Products We Love Selected For You’ 2020 has been one long, unusual and not to be forgotten year.